« Home | My draft letter to DEan's Office, Vice Dean for un... » | Losing my temper (and sabotaging myself) » | Presidents Breakfast » | Some msn nicks » | Conversation wif my 'commando' classmate... » | My last day of lesson » | Je n'ai pas étudié pour l'essai d'aujourd'hui » | A simple poster » | Someone Else Will Do It » | FYP Poster Day »

Lasik Done

Was in Malaysia from 11th May to 20th May. Went to Segamat, then to KL for the operation, then a day later went back to Segamat, and then finally back to KL for my 1 week post-op check up.

It was really quite scary. First you will have to don a protective operation outfit. Then you will be given a medical kit. They will then put anasthetic, as well as disinfect your eyes and surrounding area. Finally the doctor will take one last look at your eyes.

I was then ushered into the operation room where there is the main surgeon, someone taking control of the computer, and 2 nurses (if i remember correctly). I lay on the bed and a strap was put over my left eye, and then a cut-out cloth was put over my right eye. I was told to focus on the red and green light ahead. They taped my right eyelid and the lower part of my right eye. They then put a clamp, to keep my eye open. More washing was done on my eye.

Finally the disgusting thing, the suction machine to suck out my eyeball. I lost all sight immediately once the suction was on. Then the keratome flap of your cornea was cut within seconds. The eyeball was then released and i could see the lifting motion of the doctor to lift up my cornea flap. The actual laser correction then took place, with some burning smell.

More washing was done and I could see the doctor putting back my flap and like wat you will do when wrapping yr tectbook in plastic cover, he smoothen the flap, to make sure the flap stays in place. Done. 1 eye. Yet another eye to go. Arrgh.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image hosted by Photobucket.com