« Home | Three » | Night - prelude » | Susah Lah ... » | Making Sense » | 病不会好啊! » | 雨过天晴 » | Expectations give you pain lah! » | Love problem » | Dream » | Yet another day... »

Night Out

Ubi --> Geylang --> Esplanade --> East Coast --> individual homes

Haven been cycling for quite some time liao. Ever since my bro lost my bike... Anyway this was the first time trying out the new bike too. Spent the night cycling with 4 of my jc frens. First time we have ever organise a cycling outing thus we were all quite excited about. Things were quite smooth in the beginning (albeit a bit of topo-ing here and there), enjoying the cool night and cycling slowly. Especially on the way to and from esplanade, where there were a lot of ... (ahem!). But really enjoyed it, the view was beautiful at night, even though my body and butt hurts...

On our to esplanade however, I had a close accident. The gear on the handle was quite loose and not use to it. As I was meddling with the gear and paddling quickly to change the gear, I failed to notice the pillar in front of me. When I looked up to see the short pillar, which was about 0.5m away, I had to jam the brake. Trust me, it was a natural reaction. Before moving out, derrick had tested my bike and comment that the brakes were good, and thank goodness, my brakes were good, else i would have struck the pillar. But there was a price to pay for jamming the brake. The front wheel halt almost immediately, and i think the back wheel too, but due to the inertia, the back wheel lifted 1 feet off the ground, giving me a scare. For a moment I thought i'm going to fly... Think if my speed had been faster, the bicycle would have completely flip over...

At east coast park, we sort of settled down at the beach there for a long break, before moving out to macdonald for early breakfast. At this point in time, we saw a big bunch of teens cycling pushing their bicycles along the track. As we went pass them, derrick asked them why are they pushing their bicycles, but did not receive an appropriate reply. Anyway we went on our way, making jokes about them and the stupidity of their actions, especially derrick. When we were about 10m from our final destination, derrick suddenly fell theatrically and we immediately know that it is gonna be serious. The bike was spoiled then and we had to push our bikes to macdonald. Derrick also had quite some wounds on him, which make me quite worried. At this point in time, the teens cyclists went past us, somehow they were allowed to cycle again. Just then it struck me how the situation had turned around. We got bike but we can't ride now... Guess this is an example of instantaneous karma ripening...

Anyway here i am back home, finish bathing and feeling very alert. Good morning world, but i'm going to sleep now. Kudos to the two pasir ris frens who had to cycle to eunos and from east coast back to pasir ris. Think that is a lot of distance! Ok, next time, i shall cycle to pasir ris too...