« Home | Here pain there pain » | Without expectations » | Gifts exchange » | 被骂 » | 时间 » | A day like the past » | Mes amis (my friends) » | Back from camp » | One leg in » | Playing ard with my (sister's) camera »

Silver, and lost in bus AGAIN!!

Had my 3rd try for IPPT this year today (yeah, the window gonna close in 1 day time). Tomorrow is a Friday, and no IPPTs are conducted on Friday, so today is theorectically my last day to try to get Silver, and get my $200 for my IPPT window this year. Sigh, decided to make my way to Maju camp, which is freaking far away, for the test, instead of the much nearer Bedok camp. I don't think i will ever go back to Bedok to take my IPPT.

2 reasons:
1. I suspect the standing broad jump mat at Maju is slightly shorter. And the manual system means you can 'puay' wif them to let you jump more times, unlike at Bedok. I jump 216 at Bedok camp while i jumped more than 243 (and 1 jump only somemore!). Where does the extra 30cm comes from? Haha...

2. 2.4km run is shorter. Wenyan and Justin said they confirm it is shorter, but actually I can't really feel the difference. Yeah, i ran a much better timing of 11.21 mins today, compared to 12.10 mins at bedok camp, but i dun think the evidence is conclusive. This is because though i did not specifically train for this IPPT (only 2 days ago i decided to take, cos I feel I will need the money), I had played a lot of soccer recently, and I felt that I had definitely improved in my stamina and running. However I think what the conducting PTI said is true, that it is definitely shorter if you know how to cut corners correctly. And besides that, after the run, I spotted another obvious way to cut distance, without breaking the rules. For those interested to know can msn me, i think can cut at least a few seconds each round.

Today's weather was horrible, 忽热忽冷... Really jialat, was caught in the intermittent rain, and had to wait for the rain to stop b4 I could take the 2.4km. However when the rain did stop, the sun came out, and it was warm again. B4 that i felt cold. Mabbe that is why i'm feeling so sick now. Again! After that, no time to bathe, no time to help my sister too, and rushed to meet my friends in Tampines. Took the wrong bus somemore, in the sense i dunno where to alight, and waited for it to take me to wunderland again...

Summary of results:
Sit Up: 40 (5)
Broad Jump: 243 cm (5)
Chin Up: 10 (4)
Shuttle Run: 9.8 sec (5)
2.4 km Run: 11.21 mins (3)

Total points: 22/25

Was given a KTV treat today, 6 guys and 1 girl. Quite fun except was feeling sick and no mood to sing... But still grateful for the treat... Oh yah, also got another gift liao from WK yesterday, a pair of Philip earphones. Thanks...